My Sources of Information
My boss asked me to document the various sources of information I get my daily dose from. Well, I never understood sharing articles on Twitter and such, I follow only friends on Facebook, so no social sources for me.
I am an old guy, that means one thing only: RSS! Here goes my list:
- IT News
- Gizmodo (once I subscribed to Engadget as well, but it seemed duplicate, and Gizmodo didn’t fill my screen with huge images directly in the feed)
- Ars Technica – good for longer in-depth articles.
- TechCrunch – every once in a while, something good comes out of it.
- InfoQ – the articles are not worth much, but the presentation recorded in conferences are great.
- Local IT News (Czech, Slovak)
- DSL.sk – this is a mystery to me: no idea who is writing it, but I read 90+% of the articles and the overall quality is incredibly high.
- PCTuning.cz – every Friday, the legendary Michal Rybka has a great article mixing tons of experience with the slightest drop of paranoia.
- Lupa.cz – my teacher from Matfyz (Jiri Peterka) writes great in-depth articles every once in a while.
- Technet.cz – considering this is a part of iDnes.cz imperium, the articles are strongly above the average.
- Diit.cz – everyone has to read something from the opposing camp, and I prefer Diit to Radek Hulan 😉